Friday, November 2, 2007

Not Just Any Ordinary Pear

My husband did something awesome for me for Valentine's Day last year. He enrolled me in the fruit of the month club from Harry & David. I had wanted to do this for a long time, but I just couldn't bring myself to justify the cost. My friend was in it once and I had tasted one of her Royal Riviera pears and I was amazed by how good it was. So juicy and sweet but a little bit tart. That pear stayed with me for years.

The fruit of the month club has been great, every month I get a new fruit and they've mostly been really good. I have to say, my absolute favorite remains the pears though. This past month I got my box of pears. Literally the best pears I've ever eaten. I had one each day (I got 8 of them) and I ate the last one yesterday. Today I got an email offering 15% off a box of their pears. With shipping it came to $30 dollars, about $3 a pear, but I couldn't resist. I ordered another box. They said it's the best crop in 20 years. I don't know about that, but I do not that these are definitely not just any ordinary pear.

1 comment:

Nicole Puckett said...

Intriguing... now I want a box of $30 pears:)