Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Cilantro


As I mentioned yesterday, I love Mexican food. One of my favorite things is fresh cilantro. The smell, the taste, I just can't get enough of it. Cilantro seems to be one of those flavors that people either love or hate, but I'm definitely in the love camp! One interesting thing about cilantro is that the stems can be included when you're chopping it up. A lot of herbs have bitter or tough stems, and cilantro is one of the few that doesn't. It makes it a little easier to be able to just throw the stems in rather than picking all the leaves off.


Watching Food Network last weekend, I saw a chef who just kept her fresh cilantro in a glass of water out on the counter. I tried it with a bunch that I got on Sunday (I had to buy it, our cilantro plant didn't fare so well in our herb pots). I don't know that it prolonged the life any, but it sure did smell good and it looked pretty. A good alternative to just sticking it in the fridge!

1 comment:

Nicole Puckett said...

Lorraine & Griff!!

I just found your website and I have too say THIS IS AWESOME!!
I love the idea and I love to see what you both are cooking!! Great, Great!

Plus I am addicted to blogs and having one more friend join is fantastic for me Hope you are both doing well...we need to get together very very soon:)